President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, which will be celebrated across North India on Thursday.
"On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I extend my greetings and good wishes to my fellow citizens in India and abroad," the President said in a statement issued here.
"Raksha Bandhan is the celebration of the unique relationship that exists between brothers and sisters. The tying of a Rakhi by a sister symbolizes love, affection and mutual trust between sisters and brothers," he said.
"May the spirit of this festival strengthen fraternal feelings in our society, and remind us of the importance of unity and harmony, as we strive collectively for the well-being of our people," the President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj