President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, which will be celebrated across North India on Thursday.
"On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I extend my greetings and good wishes to my fellow citizens in India and abroad," the President said in a statement issued here.
"Raksha Bandhan is the celebration of the unique relationship that exists between brothers and sisters. The tying of a Rakhi by a sister symbolizes love, affection and mutual trust between sisters and brothers," he said.
"May the spirit of this festival strengthen fraternal feelings in our society, and remind us of the importance of unity and harmony, as we strive collectively for the well-being of our people," the President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends