President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, which will be celebrated across North India on Thursday.
"On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I extend my greetings and good wishes to my fellow citizens in India and abroad," the President said in a statement issued here.
"Raksha Bandhan is the celebration of the unique relationship that exists between brothers and sisters. The tying of a Rakhi by a sister symbolizes love, affection and mutual trust between sisters and brothers," he said.
"May the spirit of this festival strengthen fraternal feelings in our society, and remind us of the importance of unity and harmony, as we strive collectively for the well-being of our people," the President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical