President greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday greeted people on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr and expressed hope that the festival will reinforce the nation`s commitment to mutual harmony and radiate the message of India`s composite culture to the whole world.
In his message on the eve of the festival, the President said, "I extend warm greetings and good wishes to all fellow citizens, particularly to my Muslim brothers and sisters in India and abroad."
He said as the people celebrate the day which marks the end of the holy month of Ramzan, "I hope that the festival with its tradition of giving and sharing enriches our lives with a spirit of brotherhood and empathy for the deprived".
He hoped that the festival will reinforce the nation`s commitment to mutual harmony and radiate the message of India`s composite culture to the whole world.
The message of the President was also issued in Urdu, Hindi and Bangla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list