President leaves on two-nation visit
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday left on a week-long foreign trip that will see him inaugurate a major Indian cultural festival in Brussels, Belgium, and pay a state visit to Turkey.
He will visit Belgium from October 2-5 on the invitation of King Philippe. It would be the first visit by an Indian president to Belgium. He will visit Turkey from October 5-7, at the invitation of the President of Turkey Abdullah Gul.
The president is accompanied by a high-level delegation, including four vice chancellors of Indian universities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users