President meets differently-abled children from J&K
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday became a history teacher for `differently-abled` students from rural belt of Jammu and Kashmir when he started narrating building of Rashtrapati Bhavan and country`s Independence struggle.
Not remaining confined to history, he went ahead and spoke about country`s future saying, "Today India is developing rapidly to match its steps with developed countries like America. I want you to feel for the country as you, the citizens of today will become the leaders of tomorrow."
The group of children, some sitting on a wheel chairs while few holding crutches, are at present on a visit to some cities under Army`s `Operation Sadbhavana`.
Hailing from Banihal, a district on Jammu-Srinagar Highway, these children started their journey from North Kashmir`s Sopore, a place famous for its apples and will travel to Agra and Fatehpur Sikri.
"The major idea behind organising such tours is to inculcate the feeling among you all that you are a part of this country.
"When you go back from this tour, I want you to spread the message there about how development is taking place in other parts of the country," Mukherjee said while meeting these children.
Equally enthused was a teacher accompanying the children after meeting the President.
"These children have never gone to any places outside Jammu and Kashmir. We are thankful to the Army who has taken such an initiative to help differently abled children to see the pace of development in other parts of the country.
"This will definitely boost their morale," said Irshad Ahmed, a teacher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'