President Mukherjee`s first official visit to Tirupati
New Delhi: In his first official visit after assuming the highest constitutional position, President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a two-day tour to Chennai and Andhra Pradesh, where he will visit the famed Tirupati temple.
"The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, would be leaving New Delhi tomorrow (Saturday) for a two-day tour to Tamil Nadu (Chennai) and Andhra Pradesh (Tirupati). This shall be the president`s first visit to a state outside Delhi, since he assumed office," said an official statement.
In Chennai, he will attend the valedictory function of the sesquicentennial celebrations of the Madras High Court.
He will also deliver an address at a felicitation function organised by the Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The President will then leave for Andhra Pradesh to offer prayers at Tirupati temple, the famous hill temple of Lord Venkateswara.
He will also inaugurate the Nandakam complex of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) Sunday.
His itinerary also include a visit to the SV Veda Patasala, Dharmagiri - part of the temple complex where Hindu scriptures are taught. It is run by TTD.
Mukherjee, who assumed charge of the high post on July 25, will return to Delhi on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley