President pays homage to Subhas Chandra Bose
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee paid homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 116 birth anniversary Wednesday.
He paid floral tributes in front of a portrait of Netaji at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were present on the occasion.
Subhas Chandra Bose, popularly known as Netaji, was one of India`s most prominent nationalist leaders who tried to wrest India`s freedom from the British in an armed struggle from abroad during the latter part of World War II.
Founder of the Indian National Army, Bose was reported to have perished from injuries received as a consequence of a Japanese plane crash in Taiwan Aug 18, 1945, while en route to Tokyo and possibly Russia from Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought