President pays homage to Subhas Chandra Bose
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee paid homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 116 birth anniversary Wednesday.
He paid floral tributes in front of a portrait of Netaji at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were present on the occasion.
Subhas Chandra Bose, popularly known as Netaji, was one of India`s most prominent nationalist leaders who tried to wrest India`s freedom from the British in an armed struggle from abroad during the latter part of World War II.
Founder of the Indian National Army, Bose was reported to have perished from injuries received as a consequence of a Japanese plane crash in Taiwan Aug 18, 1945, while en route to Tokyo and possibly Russia from Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'