President pays homage to Subhas Chandra Bose
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee paid homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 116 birth anniversary Wednesday.
He paid floral tributes in front of a portrait of Netaji at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were present on the occasion.
Subhas Chandra Bose, popularly known as Netaji, was one of India`s most prominent nationalist leaders who tried to wrest India`s freedom from the British in an armed struggle from abroad during the latter part of World War II.
Founder of the Indian National Army, Bose was reported to have perished from injuries received as a consequence of a Japanese plane crash in Taiwan Aug 18, 1945, while en route to Tokyo and possibly Russia from Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH