President pays homage to Subhas Chandra Bose
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee paid homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 116 birth anniversary Wednesday.
He paid floral tributes in front of a portrait of Netaji at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were present on the occasion.
Subhas Chandra Bose, popularly known as Netaji, was one of India`s most prominent nationalist leaders who tried to wrest India`s freedom from the British in an armed struggle from abroad during the latter part of World War II.
Founder of the Indian National Army, Bose was reported to have perished from injuries received as a consequence of a Japanese plane crash in Taiwan Aug 18, 1945, while en route to Tokyo and possibly Russia from Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire