President pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday paid floral tributes to Rabindranath Tagore on the occasion of his 153rd birth anniversary, at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
Other office bearers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were also present on the occasion.
In 1913, Tagore became the first Indian to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. The Nobel laureate is the author of the country`s national anthem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely