President pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday paid floral tributes to Rabindranath Tagore on the occasion of his 153rd birth anniversary, at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
Other office bearers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were also present on the occasion.
In 1913, Tagore became the first Indian to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. The Nobel laureate is the author of the country`s national anthem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra