President pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday paid floral tributes to Rabindranath Tagore on the occasion of his 153rd birth anniversary, at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
Other office bearers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were also present on the occasion.
In 1913, Tagore became the first Indian to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. The Nobel laureate is the author of the country`s national anthem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened