President pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday paid floral tributes to Rabindranath Tagore on the occasion of his 153rd birth anniversary, at Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
Other office bearers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were also present on the occasion.
In 1913, Tagore became the first Indian to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. The Nobel laureate is the author of the country`s national anthem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31