President, PM greet nation on Diwali
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh have greeted the nation on Diwali, wishing everyone joy and happiness.
In her statement, Patil said: "On the festive occasion of Diwali, I express my greetings and best wishes to all my fellow citizens."
"May the festival of lights dispel darkness and gloom and bring joy, happiness and prosperity to the people of our country," she said.
The country will celebrate Diwali on Wednesday.
Ansari also greeted the people and offered his good wishes.
The "festival of lights, signifies the victory of good over evil and strengthens our resolve to follow true ethical values in our lives.
"May the noble ideals of the festival usher in peace, prosperity and happiness in our lives," he added.
The Prime Minister said the Diwali is a harbinger of peace, joy, and prosperity.
"It celebrates the victory of good over evil, and the spreading of the light of learning," Manmohan Singh added.
"It is a national festival in which all communities rejoice in amity and friendship and celebrate the solidarity of the nation," he added.
May this festival "bring peace and prosperity to all the people of our nation and to the world at large", the PM added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH