President, PM to visit Russia this year
New Delhi: India and Russia will discuss strategic issues of bilateral cooperation, including defence, nuclear energy, trade and space, during the high-level visits by Indian leaders spread over the next five months starting with President Pratibha Patil.
Patil will pay a state visit in September followed by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s trip to Moscow for the
India-Russia Annual Summit in December, Rajya Sabha was told
The Summit will be attended by the Russian President,
Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur said while
replying to a question.
She said the 15th session of the India-Russia
Inter-Governmental Commission (IRIGC) on trade, economic,
scientific, technological and cultural cooperation, co-chaired
by the External Affairs Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister
of Russia, will take place in Moscow in October.
In October, the 9th session of the India-Russia
Inter-Governmental Commission on Military Technical
Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC), co-chaired by the Defence Ministers
of India and Russia, will also take place in Moscow, she said.
"During these visits, discussions will take place with
the Russian leadership on all strategic areas of bilateral
cooperation with Russia such as defence, space, energy
including nuclear energy, science and technology and trade and
economy," the minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan