President, PM, VP greet nation on Christmas
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Vice President M Hamid Ansari Saturday greeted the nation on the occasion of Christmas, which will be celebrated on Sunday.
In a message, the President said Christmas was a time for "great joy, cheer, hope and happiness".
"On the occasion of Christmas, I send my greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens," she said.
"Christmas ... proclaims Jesus Christ`s message of love and sacrifice, compassion and service, courage and humility, peace and harmony."
The Vice President said Christmas is an occasion to imbibe the divine teachings of Lord Jesus Christ and spread joy and happiness.
"The festival also signifies the ideals of brotherhood, love and compassion. May this festival inspire us to work tirelessly for the progress of our nation," said Ansari.
The Prime Minister in his message said: "The festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ is an occasion to celebrate and imbibe Lord Christ`s message of love, compassion and forgiveness."
"May this festival fill the hearts of people all over the world with warmth, hope and joy," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional