President Pranab concerned about Chavez`s health
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed concern and conveyed his prayers for the good health of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
Mukherjee said he was confident that the Venezuelan President would have the "strength and courage to overcome his present difficulties with his health".
"In this moment of trial for the friendly people of Venezuela, the people of India send their good wishes," he added.
Chavez had his fourth cancer surgery in 18 months two weeks back. According to Venezuela`s Vice President Nicolas Maduro, he is now exercising and dealing with official matters.
Chavez, who took office in 1999, was re-elected in October for another six-year term.
He was first diagnosed with cancer after complaining of pain in his pelvic region during a June 2011 official visit to Cuba. Since then, the former paratrooper has undergone four surgical procedures and courses of chemotherapy and radiation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!