President Pranab concerned about Chavez`s health
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed concern and conveyed his prayers for the good health of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
Mukherjee said he was confident that the Venezuelan President would have the "strength and courage to overcome his present difficulties with his health".
"In this moment of trial for the friendly people of Venezuela, the people of India send their good wishes," he added.
Chavez had his fourth cancer surgery in 18 months two weeks back. According to Venezuela`s Vice President Nicolas Maduro, he is now exercising and dealing with official matters.
Chavez, who took office in 1999, was re-elected in October for another six-year term.
He was first diagnosed with cancer after complaining of pain in his pelvic region during a June 2011 official visit to Cuba. Since then, the former paratrooper has undergone four surgical procedures and courses of chemotherapy and radiation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi