President Pranab gets Rotary`s highest award
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday got the Rotary`s highest award for his leadership in the country`s victory over polio.
The `Award of Honour` was presented by Ron Burton, President of Rotary International, at Rashtrapati Bhavan here today.
The award is a recognition for heads of countries or governments who have rendered unique service to the humanity and served the country and its people upholding values reflected in the Rotary`s motto `Service Above Self`.
"Ron Burton conveyed greetings and admiration of Rotarians across the world to Mukherjee for the leadership he has provided and the country`s victory over polio," a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said.
The President appreciated the work the Rotary movement is doing worldwide and in India, especially its support to the government for the eradication of polio, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security