President Pranab inaugurates silver jubilee celebrations of IGNCA
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee underlined the importance of culture, which alone meets the inner yearnings of individuals, even as the nation makes strides in technological and economic development.
The President was speaking at the inauguration of the silver jubilee celebrations of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in the capital Monday, also the 95th birth anniversary of late prime minister Indira Gandhi.
"Institutions like IGNCA constantly need to discover and re-invent new ways of establishing a creative and meaningful dialogue between different stakeholders and adding cultural dimensions to the development debate," the president said.
"While recognising the stellar contribution of IGNCA over the years, the president`s secretariat is presently collaborating with IGNCA in undertaking a multi-volume project on various aspects of Rashtrapati Bhavan`s archaeological history, its making, its art and cultural artifacts," Mukherjee said.
The President wished IGNCA the best in its academic pursuits and hoped that its network with universities and institutions, both in India and abroad, would grow further.
He said he was confident that IGNCA, under the able guidance of its trust, would continue its journey of excellence.
Union Culture Minister Chandresh Kumari Katoch was also present at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'