President Pranab Mukherjee expresses grief over MH17 crash
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday conveyed grief and sympathy over the Malaysia Airlines flight crash in eastern Ukraine.
In a message to the King of Malaysia, the President said: "On behalf of the government, people of India and on my own behalf, I wish to convey my sincere grief and sympathy to the government and people of Malaysia over the Malaysia Airlines flight crash in eastern Ukraine, leading to the loss of so many precious lives."
Mukherjee added: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the nationals of Malaysia and other countries who lost their lives in this tragic incident."
The Malaysia Airlines MH17 jetliner crashed Thursday in Ukraine near the Russian border, with all 298 passengers and crew members on board killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’