President Pranab Mukherjee expresses grief over MH17 crash
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday conveyed grief and sympathy over the Malaysia Airlines flight crash in eastern Ukraine.
In a message to the King of Malaysia, the President said: "On behalf of the government, people of India and on my own behalf, I wish to convey my sincere grief and sympathy to the government and people of Malaysia over the Malaysia Airlines flight crash in eastern Ukraine, leading to the loss of so many precious lives."
Mukherjee added: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the nationals of Malaysia and other countries who lost their lives in this tragic incident."
The Malaysia Airlines MH17 jetliner crashed Thursday in Ukraine near the Russian border, with all 298 passengers and crew members on board killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy