President Pranab Mukherjee expresses grief over MH17 crash
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday conveyed grief and sympathy over the Malaysia Airlines flight crash in eastern Ukraine.
In a message to the King of Malaysia, the President said: "On behalf of the government, people of India and on my own behalf, I wish to convey my sincere grief and sympathy to the government and people of Malaysia over the Malaysia Airlines flight crash in eastern Ukraine, leading to the loss of so many precious lives."
Mukherjee added: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the nationals of Malaysia and other countries who lost their lives in this tragic incident."
The Malaysia Airlines MH17 jetliner crashed Thursday in Ukraine near the Russian border, with all 298 passengers and crew members on board killed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged