President Pranab Mukherjee greets nation on New Year eve
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Tuesday greeted the nation on the eve of the New Year and called upon the countrymen to work unitedly towards the collective goal of inclusive development and growth.
In his message, the president said: "On the joyous occasion of New Year, I convey my warmest greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens in India and abroad."
"May the dawn of New Year inspire all of us to strive for the creation of an enlightened society where knowledge is converted into social good and economic wealth. May the spirit of innovation ignite the young minds of our nation," he said.
"Let us resolve to make it a year in which the people of the country in all their rich diversity unite to work towards the collective goal of inclusive development and growth.
"May the New Year ring out violence, exploitation and suffering and ring in peace, equity and goodwill," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened