President Pranab Mukherjee greets nation on New Year eve
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Tuesday greeted the nation on the eve of the New Year and called upon the countrymen to work unitedly towards the collective goal of inclusive development and growth.
In his message, the president said: "On the joyous occasion of New Year, I convey my warmest greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens in India and abroad."
"May the dawn of New Year inspire all of us to strive for the creation of an enlightened society where knowledge is converted into social good and economic wealth. May the spirit of innovation ignite the young minds of our nation," he said.
"Let us resolve to make it a year in which the people of the country in all their rich diversity unite to work towards the collective goal of inclusive development and growth.
"May the New Year ring out violence, exploitation and suffering and ring in peace, equity and goodwill," Mukherjee said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video