President Pranab Mukherjee on Facebook
New Delhi: The country`s new President Pranab Mukherjee will now be on social networking site Facebook.
The move to take the plunge into cyberspace came a day after Mukherjee was sworn-in as the 13th President of the country.
According to official sources today, the President`s Facebook account will provide a platform for people to air their grievances with an assurance that genuine issues would be addressed.
The President`s daily engagements will be on the popular networking site which will also carry photographs of important events.
The aim is to keep pace with modern times when Internet has become common, sources said.
People can also leave suggestions or pending grievances on the `wall` of Facebook for the first citizen of the country, the sources said, adding genuine issues will definitely see a solution.
However, there was a word of caution for those who will misuse it.
Sources said appropriate action under Information and Technology Act would be taken against people who abuse the VVIP Facebook.
The sources said adequate checks and balances had been ensured to ensure there is no misuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez