President Pranab Mukherjee on Facebook
New Delhi: The country`s new President Pranab Mukherjee will now be on social networking site Facebook.
The move to take the plunge into cyberspace came a day after Mukherjee was sworn-in as the 13th President of the country.
According to official sources today, the President`s Facebook account will provide a platform for people to air their grievances with an assurance that genuine issues would be addressed.
The President`s daily engagements will be on the popular networking site which will also carry photographs of important events.
The aim is to keep pace with modern times when Internet has become common, sources said.
People can also leave suggestions or pending grievances on the `wall` of Facebook for the first citizen of the country, the sources said, adding genuine issues will definitely see a solution.
However, there was a word of caution for those who will misuse it.
Sources said appropriate action under Information and Technology Act would be taken against people who abuse the VVIP Facebook.
The sources said adequate checks and balances had been ensured to ensure there is no misuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje