President Pranab Mukherjee on Facebook
New Delhi: The country`s new President Pranab Mukherjee will now be on social networking site Facebook.
The move to take the plunge into cyberspace came a day after Mukherjee was sworn-in as the 13th President of the country.
According to official sources today, the President`s Facebook account will provide a platform for people to air their grievances with an assurance that genuine issues would be addressed.
The President`s daily engagements will be on the popular networking site which will also carry photographs of important events.
The aim is to keep pace with modern times when Internet has become common, sources said.
People can also leave suggestions or pending grievances on the `wall` of Facebook for the first citizen of the country, the sources said, adding genuine issues will definitely see a solution.
However, there was a word of caution for those who will misuse it.
Sources said appropriate action under Information and Technology Act would be taken against people who abuse the VVIP Facebook.
The sources said adequate checks and balances had been ensured to ensure there is no misuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal