President Pranab Mukherjee returns from Johannesburg
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee returned here on Wednesday from Johannesburg where he attended a memorial service for South Africa`s anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
Mukherjee was also accompanied by Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Union Commerce and Industry Ministry Anand Sharma and two other parliamentarians.
Nearly 100 world leaders including Mukherjee and US President Barack Obama had yesterday come together in Johannesburg in an unprecedented act of homage to Mandela.
Calling him a venerated elder and a great soul, Mukherjee had said that India has no doubt that the world will honour the historic legacy of Mandela who taught the true meaning of forgiveness and reconciliation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city