President Pranab Mukherjee returns from Johannesburg
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee returned here on Wednesday from Johannesburg where he attended a memorial service for South Africa`s anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela.
Mukherjee was also accompanied by Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Union Commerce and Industry Ministry Anand Sharma and two other parliamentarians.
Nearly 100 world leaders including Mukherjee and US President Barack Obama had yesterday come together in Johannesburg in an unprecedented act of homage to Mandela.
Calling him a venerated elder and a great soul, Mukherjee had said that India has no doubt that the world will honour the historic legacy of Mandela who taught the true meaning of forgiveness and reconciliation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi