President Pranab Mukherjee`s son meets Lalu in jail
Ranchi: Congress MP Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, has called on RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in jail.
The Jangipur MP met Prasad at the Birsa Munda Central Jail here yesterday.
A CBI court had on September 30 awarded prison sentences to Prasad and 44 others for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa treasury when he was at the helm of affairs in Bihar in the 1990s.
Prasad is scheduled to file an appeal in the Jharkhand High Court on October 17 against the sentence passed by a Special CBI court.
Mukherjee, who was going to Rajrappa also met Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India