President Pranab Mukherjee`s son meets Lalu in jail
Ranchi: Congress MP Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, has called on RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in jail.
The Jangipur MP met Prasad at the Birsa Munda Central Jail here yesterday.
A CBI court had on September 30 awarded prison sentences to Prasad and 44 others for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa treasury when he was at the helm of affairs in Bihar in the 1990s.
Prasad is scheduled to file an appeal in the Jharkhand High Court on October 17 against the sentence passed by a Special CBI court.
Mukherjee, who was going to Rajrappa also met Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket