President Pranab Mukherjee`s son meets Lalu in jail
Ranchi: Congress MP Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, has called on RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in jail.
The Jangipur MP met Prasad at the Birsa Munda Central Jail here yesterday.
A CBI court had on September 30 awarded prison sentences to Prasad and 44 others for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa treasury when he was at the helm of affairs in Bihar in the 1990s.
Prasad is scheduled to file an appeal in the Jharkhand High Court on October 17 against the sentence passed by a Special CBI court.
Mukherjee, who was going to Rajrappa also met Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder