President Pranab to grant "Standards" to Air Force Squadrons
Coimbatore: President Pranab Mukherjee will award the President`s "Standard" to two flying Squadrons of the Indian Air Force for their service to the Nation for the past 50 years, on Dec 18.
Mukherjee would grant Standards to 25 Squadron and 33 Squadron, Air Force, at a function organised at the Air Force Station, Sulur on the outskits.
A National Salute to president and Ensign fly past would be held, after which the president would review a parade, official sources said.
Mukherjee would address the parade and release Brochures, in the presence of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, Chief of the Air Staff and Air Marshal, RK Jolly, Air Officer Commanding-in- Chief, Southern AIr Command, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Four Pakistan-backed terrorists killed, 1 apprehended in J&K's Naugam, encounter on
- National Museum gets new chief and he has an Ayodhya connection
- Solar Impulse 2 completes historic round-the-world trip: Incredible welcome for pilots in Abu Dhabi (Watch)
- Peru president elect eyes house arrest for Fujimori
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases