President Pranab to grant "Standards" to Air Force Squadrons
Coimbatore: President Pranab Mukherjee will award the President`s "Standard" to two flying Squadrons of the Indian Air Force for their service to the Nation for the past 50 years, on Dec 18.
Mukherjee would grant Standards to 25 Squadron and 33 Squadron, Air Force, at a function organised at the Air Force Station, Sulur on the outskits.
A National Salute to president and Ensign fly past would be held, after which the president would review a parade, official sources said.
Mukherjee would address the parade and release Brochures, in the presence of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, Chief of the Air Staff and Air Marshal, RK Jolly, Air Officer Commanding-in- Chief, Southern AIr Command, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing