President Pranab to grant "Standards" to Air Force Squadrons
Coimbatore: President Pranab Mukherjee will award the President`s "Standard" to two flying Squadrons of the Indian Air Force for their service to the Nation for the past 50 years, on Dec 18.
Mukherjee would grant Standards to 25 Squadron and 33 Squadron, Air Force, at a function organised at the Air Force Station, Sulur on the outskits.
A National Salute to president and Ensign fly past would be held, after which the president would review a parade, official sources said.
Mukherjee would address the parade and release Brochures, in the presence of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, Chief of the Air Staff and Air Marshal, RK Jolly, Air Officer Commanding-in- Chief, Southern AIr Command, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan