President Pranab to grant "Standards" to Air Force Squadrons
Coimbatore: President Pranab Mukherjee will award the President`s "Standard" to two flying Squadrons of the Indian Air Force for their service to the Nation for the past 50 years, on Dec 18.
Mukherjee would grant Standards to 25 Squadron and 33 Squadron, Air Force, at a function organised at the Air Force Station, Sulur on the outskits.
A National Salute to president and Ensign fly past would be held, after which the president would review a parade, official sources said.
Mukherjee would address the parade and release Brochures, in the presence of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, Chief of the Air Staff and Air Marshal, RK Jolly, Air Officer Commanding-in- Chief, Southern AIr Command, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre