President Pranab`s fake Twitter account created and closed
New Delhi: A fake account of President Pranab Mukherjee on social networking site `Twitter` was found and shut as well as the competent authorities are planning legal action against those responsible for it.
The Twitter handle--PoIndia--was created by an unidentified person. The account was claimed to be an official account of the President, official sources said today.
The matter was taken up with Twitter and the account was suspeded quickly, they said.
"A proper inquiry would be conducted into it and the matter may be referred to police," the sources said.
It was a fake account and has been disabled, they said.
The account went viral soon after its creation on the site and succeeded in roping in a number of members, the sources added.
Prime Minister`s Media Advisor Pankaj Pachuri had put out a tweet informing people about the fake twitter account of the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing