President Pranab`s fake Twitter account created and closed
New Delhi: A fake account of President Pranab Mukherjee on social networking site `Twitter` was found and shut as well as the competent authorities are planning legal action against those responsible for it.
The Twitter handle--PoIndia--was created by an unidentified person. The account was claimed to be an official account of the President, official sources said today.
The matter was taken up with Twitter and the account was suspeded quickly, they said.
"A proper inquiry would be conducted into it and the matter may be referred to police," the sources said.
It was a fake account and has been disabled, they said.
The account went viral soon after its creation on the site and succeeded in roping in a number of members, the sources added.
Prime Minister`s Media Advisor Pankaj Pachuri had put out a tweet informing people about the fake twitter account of the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation