President Pratibha Patil to visit IIT-Kanpur on March 5
Kanpur: President Pratibha Patil will visit
IIT-Kanpur on March 5 to participate in the golden jubilee
celebrations of the premier institute.
The visit was earlier scheduled for February 22 but was
postponed due to her engagements.
To preserve the 50 glorious years of its history in time,
IIT-Kanpur has decided to build a `time capsule` which the
President will inaugurate.
The time capsule would store the details of all the
research activities, academic tie-ups and other achievements
of the premier institute.
The three-foot-long capsule would be made of a special
kind of copper and would be placed in the institute premises.
"This is a special type of time capsule made of copper and
it will preserve the data stored inside for thousands of
years," Sanjeev Kasalkar, Registrar of IIT Kanpur said.
The capsule has been built as part of golden jubilee
celebrations of IIT Kanpur. It will also record the merits and
contributions made by its professors and directors.
The registrar further confirmed that the information about
the alumni of the engineering institute will be stored in the
time capsule too.
When asked about the format in which all the data will be
stored he said, " We are yet to decide on the format of data
storage but it will be done in a manner so that it is not
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award
- Sonia Gandhi received bribe in AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Subramanian Swamy