President Pratibha Patil to visit Kashmir
Jammu: President Pratibha Patil will be on a three-day visit to this winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir later this month, sources said on Saturday.
She is scheduled to arrive here on November 25 to address convocation of the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, sources in Raj Bhavan said. Governor NN Vohra is the chancellor of the varsity.
The President would also be visiting the historic building of Mubarak Mandi, the erstwhile palace of Dogra kings, who ruled Jammu and Kashmir for more than a century.
She is scheduled to visit the revered Hindu shrine of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi on November 26, before flying back to Delhi the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!