President Pratibha Patil to visit UK in October
London: President Pratibha Patil will
undertake a three-day visit to Britain beginning October 27,
the first state visit by any Indian Head of the State in
nearly two decades.
Acting Indian High Commissioner to the UK Asoke
Mukerji said Patil will visit Britain from October 27 to 29 at
the invitation of Queen Elizabeth. During her visit, the
President will stay at the Windsor Castle.
"After a long time, a state visit will take place in
the last week of October," Mukerji said, while speaking at a
function organised by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan to celebrate
India`s Independence Day.
Mukerji noted that this would be the third State Visit
by an Indian President to the UK. Late Presidents S
Radhakrishnan and R Venkataraman visited the UK in 1963 and
The Acting High Commissioner also noted that India has
become the second largest investor in the UK, next only to the
"India has become a beacon of hope in the region," he
said and praised the Indian Community in the UK for their
Describing the Indian community in UK as unique, he
said it has not only prospered but helped the UK-India
relations to take deep root.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city