President releases stamp on INS Vikramaditya
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Wednesday released a postal stamp and First Day cover on INS Vikramaditya, the aircraft carrier that was commissioned in the Navy last month.
The president released the stamp at the "At Home" function hosted by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral D.K. Joshi on the occasion of Navy Day.
The function was attended by Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Defence Minister AK Antony was among those present.
INS Vikramaditya, the Indian Navy`s latest, largest and most powerful aircraft carrier, was commissioned on Nov 16 in Russia. The warship is on its way to India from Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state