President releases stamp on INS Vikramaditya
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Wednesday released a postal stamp and First Day cover on INS Vikramaditya, the aircraft carrier that was commissioned in the Navy last month.
The president released the stamp at the "At Home" function hosted by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral D.K. Joshi on the occasion of Navy Day.
The function was attended by Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Defence Minister AK Antony was among those present.
INS Vikramaditya, the Indian Navy`s latest, largest and most powerful aircraft carrier, was commissioned on Nov 16 in Russia. The warship is on its way to India from Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader