President releases stamp on INS Vikramaditya
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Wednesday released a postal stamp and First Day cover on INS Vikramaditya, the aircraft carrier that was commissioned in the Navy last month.
The president released the stamp at the "At Home" function hosted by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral D.K. Joshi on the occasion of Navy Day.
The function was attended by Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Defence Minister AK Antony was among those present.
INS Vikramaditya, the Indian Navy`s latest, largest and most powerful aircraft carrier, was commissioned on Nov 16 in Russia. The warship is on its way to India from Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman