President saddened by Bihar train accident
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee ON Wednesday expressed grief at the loss of lives in the derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express in Bihar and called upon authorities to provide relief to victims.
"I am saddened to learn about the derailment of a train near Chhapra this morning, in which some persons have lost their lives and many others are injured," Mukherjee said in a message.
Mukherjee called upon the state government and the railway authorities to provide all possible assistance to the bereaved families as well as the best of medical attention to the injured.
The president hoped an investigation would be done over the matter.
"I am sure authorities will be taking necessary measures to urgently investigate the cause of the incident and put in place necessary remedial measures," Mukherjee added in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says