President saddened by Bihar train accident
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee ON Wednesday expressed grief at the loss of lives in the derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express in Bihar and called upon authorities to provide relief to victims.
"I am saddened to learn about the derailment of a train near Chhapra this morning, in which some persons have lost their lives and many others are injured," Mukherjee said in a message.
Mukherjee called upon the state government and the railway authorities to provide all possible assistance to the bereaved families as well as the best of medical attention to the injured.
The president hoped an investigation would be done over the matter.
"I am sure authorities will be taking necessary measures to urgently investigate the cause of the incident and put in place necessary remedial measures," Mukherjee added in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand