President saddened by Bihar train accident
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee ON Wednesday expressed grief at the loss of lives in the derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express in Bihar and called upon authorities to provide relief to victims.
"I am saddened to learn about the derailment of a train near Chhapra this morning, in which some persons have lost their lives and many others are injured," Mukherjee said in a message.
Mukherjee called upon the state government and the railway authorities to provide all possible assistance to the bereaved families as well as the best of medical attention to the injured.
The president hoped an investigation would be done over the matter.
"I am sure authorities will be taking necessary measures to urgently investigate the cause of the incident and put in place necessary remedial measures," Mukherjee added in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever