President summons Parliament for Winter Session
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday summoned the two houses of parliament to meet Dec 5-20 for winter session, an official statement said.
The statement said that the houses will meet on Dec 5 and subject to exigencies of business, the winter session will conclude Dec 20.
The winter session is usually a month long but this time it has been curtailed in view of assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi and Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption