President to host iftar today at Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will on Friday host an iftar reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan and invited Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh among others dignitaries.
"Tomorrow ie on August 17, 2012, is Jamat-Ul-Vida, the last Friday of Ramzan. Dignitaries invited for the Iftar include the Vice President, Prime Minister and former Presidents of India," a Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson said in a statement today.
Among others invited are ministers, heads of diplomatic missions from Islamic countries, Supreme Court judges, political leaders, MPs, senior officials and other public figures from various walks of life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!