President to host iftar today at Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will on Friday host an iftar reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan and invited Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh among others dignitaries.
"Tomorrow ie on August 17, 2012, is Jamat-Ul-Vida, the last Friday of Ramzan. Dignitaries invited for the Iftar include the Vice President, Prime Minister and former Presidents of India," a Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson said in a statement today.
Among others invited are ministers, heads of diplomatic missions from Islamic countries, Supreme Court judges, political leaders, MPs, senior officials and other public figures from various walks of life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened