President to inaugurate national seminar in Kurukshetra
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will attend the 10th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra and inaugurate the National Seminar on ``Challenges of Modern World: Solutions through Indology`` organized by Kurukshetra University on Tuesday.
President Mukherjee will also visit Dharohar Haryana Museum.
The Kurukshetra University was established in 1956 as a unitary residential University and its foundation stone was laid by late Dr Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.
Located in the holy city of Kurukshetra, land of the historical battle of ``Mahabharata`` and the great message of Bhagwad Gita, its campus is situated on the western bank of Brahm Sarover (the holy tank) and extends over an area of over 400 acres.
Starting with only the Department of Sanskrit, it has grown into a multi-faculty University as one of the premier centres for advanced study and research in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday