President to inaugurate national seminar in Kurukshetra
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will attend the 10th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra and inaugurate the National Seminar on ``Challenges of Modern World: Solutions through Indology`` organized by Kurukshetra University on Tuesday.
President Mukherjee will also visit Dharohar Haryana Museum.
The Kurukshetra University was established in 1956 as a unitary residential University and its foundation stone was laid by late Dr Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.
Located in the holy city of Kurukshetra, land of the historical battle of ``Mahabharata`` and the great message of Bhagwad Gita, its campus is situated on the western bank of Brahm Sarover (the holy tank) and extends over an area of over 400 acres.
Starting with only the Department of Sanskrit, it has grown into a multi-faculty University as one of the premier centres for advanced study and research in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off