President to inaugurate national seminar in Kurukshetra
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will attend the 10th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra and inaugurate the National Seminar on ``Challenges of Modern World: Solutions through Indology`` organized by Kurukshetra University on Tuesday.
President Mukherjee will also visit Dharohar Haryana Museum.
The Kurukshetra University was established in 1956 as a unitary residential University and its foundation stone was laid by late Dr Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.
Located in the holy city of Kurukshetra, land of the historical battle of ``Mahabharata`` and the great message of Bhagwad Gita, its campus is situated on the western bank of Brahm Sarover (the holy tank) and extends over an area of over 400 acres.
Starting with only the Department of Sanskrit, it has grown into a multi-faculty University as one of the premier centres for advanced study and research in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites