President to inaugurate national seminar in Kurukshetra
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will attend the 10th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra and inaugurate the National Seminar on ``Challenges of Modern World: Solutions through Indology`` organized by Kurukshetra University on Tuesday.
President Mukherjee will also visit Dharohar Haryana Museum.
The Kurukshetra University was established in 1956 as a unitary residential University and its foundation stone was laid by late Dr Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.
Located in the holy city of Kurukshetra, land of the historical battle of ``Mahabharata`` and the great message of Bhagwad Gita, its campus is situated on the western bank of Brahm Sarover (the holy tank) and extends over an area of over 400 acres.
Starting with only the Department of Sanskrit, it has grown into a multi-faculty University as one of the premier centres for advanced study and research in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming