President to inaugurate national seminar in Kurukshetra
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will attend the 10th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra and inaugurate the National Seminar on ``Challenges of Modern World: Solutions through Indology`` organized by Kurukshetra University on Tuesday.
President Mukherjee will also visit Dharohar Haryana Museum.
The Kurukshetra University was established in 1956 as a unitary residential University and its foundation stone was laid by late Dr Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.
Located in the holy city of Kurukshetra, land of the historical battle of ``Mahabharata`` and the great message of Bhagwad Gita, its campus is situated on the western bank of Brahm Sarover (the holy tank) and extends over an area of over 400 acres.
Starting with only the Department of Sanskrit, it has grown into a multi-faculty University as one of the premier centres for advanced study and research in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'