President, vice president greet nation on Milad-un-Nabi
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Hamid Ansari Friday greeted the nation ahead of Milad-un-Nabi, the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammed.
The president and vice president said they hoped that the Prophet`s message of selflessness and brotherhood would show the path of compassion and tolerance to everyone.
In his message, the president said: "On the auspicious occasion of Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of the Holy Prophet, I convey my greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens in India and abroad."
"May the message of selflessness and brotherhood preached by the Holy Prophet inspire us to promote unity and friendship amongst all people."
"May the eternally relevant teachings of the Prophet inspire us to re-dedicate ourselves to the well-being of humanity," he said.
The vice president said: "I convey my warm greetings and good wishes to the citizens of our country on the blessed occasion of Milad-un-Nabi, birthday of Prophet Mohammad."
"The noble life and eternal message of the Holy Prophet shows us the virtuous path of compassion, tolerance and peaceful co-existence."
"On this auspicious occasion, let us all firmly resolve to build a peaceful, compassionate and fraternal society," he said.
Milad-un-Nabi will be celebrated Jan 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption