President visits Vaishno Devi shrine
Katra: President Pratibha Patil on Saturday
paid obeisance at the Vaishno Devi Shrine here situated at the
Trikuta Hills in Jammu and Kashmir.
Patil, who flew to the shrine, offered prayers this
morning during her hour-long visit at the hill shrine. She
also held a meeting with the members of the Shrine Board to
take stock of the management of the shrine.
Elaborate security arrangements were made for the
President`s visit to the holy cave shrine situated at an
altitude of 52,000 ft.
Visitors have to undertake a trek of nearly 12 km from
Katra to reach there. About 87.50 lakh faithful had visited
the shrine last year while more than nine lakh yatris had
visited in October.
The President, who is on a two-day visit to Jammu and
Kashmir, had yesterday visited the ancient Raghunathji temple
in Jammu and presided over the convocation ceremony of Shri
Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies