President visits Vaishno Devi shrine
Katra: President Pratibha Patil on Saturday
paid obeisance at the Vaishno Devi Shrine here situated at the
Trikuta Hills in Jammu and Kashmir.
Patil, who flew to the shrine, offered prayers this
morning during her hour-long visit at the hill shrine. She
also held a meeting with the members of the Shrine Board to
take stock of the management of the shrine.
Elaborate security arrangements were made for the
President`s visit to the holy cave shrine situated at an
altitude of 52,000 ft.
Visitors have to undertake a trek of nearly 12 km from
Katra to reach there. About 87.50 lakh faithful had visited
the shrine last year while more than nine lakh yatris had
visited in October.
The President, who is on a two-day visit to Jammu and
Kashmir, had yesterday visited the ancient Raghunathji temple
in Jammu and presided over the convocation ceremony of Shri
Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog