President, VP, PM greet nation on Dussehra
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil, Vice
President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Dussehra.
"On the festive occasion of Dussehra, I send my greetings
and best wishes to all my fellow citizens," Patil said in her
"Dussehra celebrates the victory of Good over Evil. May
the ensuing festival be a time to celebrate our unity as a
nation as also to work whole heartedly for the betterment of
the nation," she said.
Extending his greetings to the nation, Ansari said the
festival of Dussehra celebrates the victory of good over evil
with traditional gaiety.
"The festival of Dussehra celebrates the victory of good
over evil with traditional gaiety. May this festival inspire
us to work for peace and prosperity of our nation," he said.
In his message, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said
Dussehra and Durga Puja signify the triumph of good over evil
and are an inspiration for a life of righteous action.
He expressed hope that the two festivals would usher in
peace, prosperity and happiness for all.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said while the country
moves forward as a resurgent nation, the celebrations also
consolidate our commitment towards a transparent, responsive
and inclusive social order.
"I urge the people to celebrate this occasion with an
objective to eliminate all evils and deprivations that are
prevalent, and to promote goodwill and communal harmony among
them," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke