President, VP, PM greet nation on Dussehra
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil, Vice
President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Dussehra.
"On the festive occasion of Dussehra, I send my greetings
and best wishes to all my fellow citizens," Patil said in her
"Dussehra celebrates the victory of Good over Evil. May
the ensuing festival be a time to celebrate our unity as a
nation as also to work whole heartedly for the betterment of
the nation," she said.
Extending his greetings to the nation, Ansari said the
festival of Dussehra celebrates the victory of good over evil
with traditional gaiety.
"The festival of Dussehra celebrates the victory of good
over evil with traditional gaiety. May this festival inspire
us to work for peace and prosperity of our nation," he said.
In his message, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said
Dussehra and Durga Puja signify the triumph of good over evil
and are an inspiration for a life of righteous action.
He expressed hope that the two festivals would usher in
peace, prosperity and happiness for all.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said while the country
moves forward as a resurgent nation, the celebrations also
consolidate our commitment towards a transparent, responsive
and inclusive social order.
"I urge the people to celebrate this occasion with an
objective to eliminate all evils and deprivations that are
prevalent, and to promote goodwill and communal harmony among
them," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire