President, VP, PM greet people on Christmas
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday greeted the people on the eve of Christmas.
In his message, the President said it was time for all to recall on this auspicious day the teachings of love and kindness of Jesus Christ who for centuries has been an inspiration to mankind.
"May the Almighty shower his bounteous blessings on all the people of the world on this festive occasion," he said.
Vice President Hamid Ansari said, "Let us celebrate this happy occasion by dedicating ourselves to Christ`s eternal message of love, compassion and forgiveness for all."
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also greeted the nation on the joyous occasion.
In his message, he said Christmas is a celebration of Jesus Christ`s teachings of selflessness, tolerance and brotherhood.
It is an occasion to strengthen the bonds of love and friendship among people, he said.
"May the spirit of Christmas encourage people to think about those less fortunate," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug