President, VP, PM greet people on Christmas
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday greeted the people on the eve of Christmas.
In his message, the President said it was time for all to recall on this auspicious day the teachings of love and kindness of Jesus Christ who for centuries has been an inspiration to mankind.
"May the Almighty shower his bounteous blessings on all the people of the world on this festive occasion," he said.
Vice President Hamid Ansari said, "Let us celebrate this happy occasion by dedicating ourselves to Christ`s eternal message of love, compassion and forgiveness for all."
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also greeted the nation on the joyous occasion.
In his message, he said Christmas is a celebration of Jesus Christ`s teachings of selflessness, tolerance and brotherhood.
It is an occasion to strengthen the bonds of love and friendship among people, he said.
"May the spirit of Christmas encourage people to think about those less fortunate," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him