Presidential poll - The arithmetic
Here is a look at numbers which are required for a candidate to become President of India.
Alliance wise position:
The votes with three crucial UPA allies are
Even if UPA goes without Mamata and with Mulayam and Mayawati, the numbers are: UPA - TMC + SP + BSP: 524303. The figure is still below the magic figure of 5,49,442.
UPA`S vote share: 4,49,133
NDA`S vote Share: 3,04,785
As the situation stands none of the existing alliances have majority to elect its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal