Presidential standards to 5 Army T-90 regiments
New Delhi: Five T-90 armoured regiments of
the Indian Army will receive the Presidential Standards, a
rare honour, on October 19.
President Pratibha Patil will present the Colours, a
first for armoured regiments, at a parade to be held in Babina
in Uttar Pradesh near Jhansi, an Army press release said here
The five armoured regiment`s of `White Tiger` Armoured
Division are 83, 12, 13, 15 and 19 Armoured Regiments.
Army Chief General V K Singh would be present on the
occasion with the Southern Army Commander in tow.
Later in the day, the T-90 Division would take out a
mounted parade for the President to review.
"This will be a historical occasion as it will be the
first time that five armoured regiments of an Armoured
Division are presented the Colours together. The blaze of the
steel chariots, equipped fully with their weapon systems, will
display the nation`s strength to take on any enemy," the
The presentation of Colours or `Nishaan` is a martial
legacy, centuries-old and is reminiscent of heroic deeds of
"While the practice of carrying the Colour into battle
has died, the tradition of receiving, holding and parading it
continues," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital