Presidential standards to 5 Army T-90 regiments
New Delhi: Five T-90 armoured regiments of
the Indian Army will receive the Presidential Standards, a
rare honour, on October 19.
President Pratibha Patil will present the Colours, a
first for armoured regiments, at a parade to be held in Babina
in Uttar Pradesh near Jhansi, an Army press release said here
The five armoured regiment`s of `White Tiger` Armoured
Division are 83, 12, 13, 15 and 19 Armoured Regiments.
Army Chief General V K Singh would be present on the
occasion with the Southern Army Commander in tow.
Later in the day, the T-90 Division would take out a
mounted parade for the President to review.
"This will be a historical occasion as it will be the
first time that five armoured regiments of an Armoured
Division are presented the Colours together. The blaze of the
steel chariots, equipped fully with their weapon systems, will
display the nation`s strength to take on any enemy," the
The presentation of Colours or `Nishaan` is a martial
legacy, centuries-old and is reminiscent of heroic deeds of
"While the practice of carrying the Colour into battle
has died, the tradition of receiving, holding and parading it
continues," the release said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS