Presidential standards to 5 Army T-90 regiments
New Delhi: Five T-90 armoured regiments of
the Indian Army will receive the Presidential Standards, a
rare honour, on October 19.
President Pratibha Patil will present the Colours, a
first for armoured regiments, at a parade to be held in Babina
in Uttar Pradesh near Jhansi, an Army press release said here
The five armoured regiment`s of `White Tiger` Armoured
Division are 83, 12, 13, 15 and 19 Armoured Regiments.
Army Chief General V K Singh would be present on the
occasion with the Southern Army Commander in tow.
Later in the day, the T-90 Division would take out a
mounted parade for the President to review.
"This will be a historical occasion as it will be the
first time that five armoured regiments of an Armoured
Division are presented the Colours together. The blaze of the
steel chariots, equipped fully with their weapon systems, will
display the nation`s strength to take on any enemy," the
The presentation of Colours or `Nishaan` is a martial
legacy, centuries-old and is reminiscent of heroic deeds of
"While the practice of carrying the Colour into battle
has died, the tradition of receiving, holding and parading it
continues," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list