Presidential standards to 5 Army T-90 regiments
New Delhi: Five T-90 armoured regiments of
the Indian Army will receive the Presidential Standards, a
rare honour, on October 19.
President Pratibha Patil will present the Colours, a
first for armoured regiments, at a parade to be held in Babina
in Uttar Pradesh near Jhansi, an Army press release said here
The five armoured regiment`s of `White Tiger` Armoured
Division are 83, 12, 13, 15 and 19 Armoured Regiments.
Army Chief General V K Singh would be present on the
occasion with the Southern Army Commander in tow.
Later in the day, the T-90 Division would take out a
mounted parade for the President to review.
"This will be a historical occasion as it will be the
first time that five armoured regiments of an Armoured
Division are presented the Colours together. The blaze of the
steel chariots, equipped fully with their weapon systems, will
display the nation`s strength to take on any enemy," the
The presentation of Colours or `Nishaan` is a martial
legacy, centuries-old and is reminiscent of heroic deeds of
"While the practice of carrying the Colour into battle
has died, the tradition of receiving, holding and parading it
continues," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence