Presidential standards to 5 Army T-90 regiments
New Delhi: Five T-90 armoured regiments of
the Indian Army will receive the Presidential Standards, a
rare honour, on October 19.
President Pratibha Patil will present the Colours, a
first for armoured regiments, at a parade to be held in Babina
in Uttar Pradesh near Jhansi, an Army press release said here
The five armoured regiment`s of `White Tiger` Armoured
Division are 83, 12, 13, 15 and 19 Armoured Regiments.
Army Chief General V K Singh would be present on the
occasion with the Southern Army Commander in tow.
Later in the day, the T-90 Division would take out a
mounted parade for the President to review.
"This will be a historical occasion as it will be the
first time that five armoured regiments of an Armoured
Division are presented the Colours together. The blaze of the
steel chariots, equipped fully with their weapon systems, will
display the nation`s strength to take on any enemy," the
The presentation of Colours or `Nishaan` is a martial
legacy, centuries-old and is reminiscent of heroic deeds of
"While the practice of carrying the Colour into battle
has died, the tradition of receiving, holding and parading it
continues," the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'