President`s address breaks new ground: Naidu
New Delhi: Welcoming President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to Parliament, Urban Development and Housing Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said that it "breaks new ground".
"The essence of the address revolves around the goal of Narendra Modi government of building a strong, self-reliant and self-confident India regaining its rightful place in the comity of nations through appropriate actions," Naidu said in a statement.
"The President`s address reflects the mind of the new government led by Narendra Modi. It is a clear charter of problems, priorities and actions proposed, and rightly interprets the verdict of the people of the country in the recent general elections to the Lok Sabha," he said.
With regard to urban development and housing and urban poverty alleviation (HUPA), Naidu said, "The President has clearly highlighted growing urbanisation as an opportunity rather than a challenge. The government will build 100 smart cities equipped with world class amenities and integrated infrastructure.
"Our commitment to ensure pucca houses to all urban people with water connection and toilets, 24x7 electricity supply by the time we complete 75 years of independence is one of the special highlights."
He further said, "The address has concisely reflected the problems and challenges inherited by the NDA government and suggested the remedial actions to be taken to place the country`s economy back on track."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested