President`s address breaks new ground: Naidu
New Delhi: Welcoming President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to Parliament, Urban Development and Housing Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said that it "breaks new ground".
"The essence of the address revolves around the goal of Narendra Modi government of building a strong, self-reliant and self-confident India regaining its rightful place in the comity of nations through appropriate actions," Naidu said in a statement.
"The President`s address reflects the mind of the new government led by Narendra Modi. It is a clear charter of problems, priorities and actions proposed, and rightly interprets the verdict of the people of the country in the recent general elections to the Lok Sabha," he said.
With regard to urban development and housing and urban poverty alleviation (HUPA), Naidu said, "The President has clearly highlighted growing urbanisation as an opportunity rather than a challenge. The government will build 100 smart cities equipped with world class amenities and integrated infrastructure.
"Our commitment to ensure pucca houses to all urban people with water connection and toilets, 24x7 electricity supply by the time we complete 75 years of independence is one of the special highlights."
He further said, "The address has concisely reflected the problems and challenges inherited by the NDA government and suggested the remedial actions to be taken to place the country`s economy back on track."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’