President`s address breaks new ground: Naidu
New Delhi: Welcoming President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to Parliament, Urban Development and Housing Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said that it "breaks new ground".
"The essence of the address revolves around the goal of Narendra Modi government of building a strong, self-reliant and self-confident India regaining its rightful place in the comity of nations through appropriate actions," Naidu said in a statement.
"The President`s address reflects the mind of the new government led by Narendra Modi. It is a clear charter of problems, priorities and actions proposed, and rightly interprets the verdict of the people of the country in the recent general elections to the Lok Sabha," he said.
With regard to urban development and housing and urban poverty alleviation (HUPA), Naidu said, "The President has clearly highlighted growing urbanisation as an opportunity rather than a challenge. The government will build 100 smart cities equipped with world class amenities and integrated infrastructure.
"Our commitment to ensure pucca houses to all urban people with water connection and toilets, 24x7 electricity supply by the time we complete 75 years of independence is one of the special highlights."
He further said, "The address has concisely reflected the problems and challenges inherited by the NDA government and suggested the remedial actions to be taken to place the country`s economy back on track."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram