President`s address has broken "new grounds": Govt
New Delhi: Government on Monday said President Pranab Mukherjee`s address in Parliament "breaks new ground" as it points to the goal of building a strong, self-reliant and self-confident India and the focus will be on delivery and implementation of policies and programmes.
It also said the real spirit of the President`s address is that the government will deliver and ensure the "real" growth of India. "There is an indication of hope in the address which has been generated due to unprecedented results of this election", it added.
Welcoming the President`s address as one that "breaks new ground", Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venakaih Naidu said "Narendra Modi-led government`s goal of building a strong, self-reliant and self-confident India regaining its rightful place in the comity of nations through appropriate actions has been the essence of the President`s address."
He said "the President`s address reflects the mind of the new government led by Modi. It is a clear charter of problems, priorities and actions proposed and rightly interprets the verdict of the people of the country in the recent general elections to the Lok Sabha."
Law and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said "this election was of hope and there is an indication of this hope in the President`s address, that was generated due to unprecedented results in this election...Our focus is more on delivery and implementation of policies and programmes."
Prasad said "this election has seen the defeat of dynasty and legacy and the victory of hard work, diligence, dedication and good governance."
The Minister said the country is brimming with hope and Narendra Modi has really energised the government and "we will work as a team to ensure that all these issues are properly implemented".
He said whatever was stated in the campaign was accepted and supported by the people and therefore it gave a clear majority to a party after 30 years and thus all issues from governance to development to growth to security have been sought to be addressed in the address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- `I`m not 100 percent`, admits US Open champion Novak Djokovic
- Kanhaiya, two others granted regular bail in sedition case
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case