Press Club invites entries for National Media awar
Mumbai: The Mumbai Press Club has invited entries for the coveted "National Press Club Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2013".
In the third year now, the Journalism Awards have been instituted to promote best practices among journalists and encourage good quality writing, fair play and high ethical standards, says a release here.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in Mumbai in the month of May 2013.
Entries in the form of published articles, stories and photographs are invited from Journalists in the categories of Sports, Crime, Politics, Business, Entertainment & Media Health & Environment, Science & Innovation, Television Story of The Year, The Big Picture (Photograph of the year).
The Winners and runners up in each category will be awarded cash prize of Rs 75,000 and Rs 25,000 respectively, a trophy and a citation.
Each applicant will be allowed a maximum of 3 entries across all categories. Entries will need to be authenticated (supported/recommended) by Editors/Media Heads of respective media platforms. Entries not in English will be accepted if accompanied by an English translation.
Winning journalists will be provided travel and accommodation for the Awards Ceremony by The Press Club.
A distinguished panel of judges in each category, appointed by The Press Club will decide the winners.
The Press Club has also instituted a "Lifetime Achievement Award", selected by a special jury from amongst a shortlist drawn up by the Managing Committee of the Club.
Entries must be mailed latest by April 14 at manager@pressclubmumbai.Com. Photo/Video entries need to also be on DVD format. Those entering their published articles would need to send in hard copies.
All entries need to be accompanied by a small introduction about the journalist, along with their photographs and postal address.
Entries sent via post should have "Journalism Awards" mentioned in bold and addressed to: The Manager, The Press Club Mumbai, Glass House, Azad Maidan, Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai - 400001.
Last year witnessed an overwhelming response with 600 entries from all parts of the country. Winning journalists were honoured at a glittering ceremony at the National Sports Club of India (NSCI) here on May 2, 2012, at the hands of Union Minister Kapil Sibal as well as by senior journalists and corporate leaders.
The eminent juries that decided on the awards last year included cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar, and sports writers Ayaz Memon and Sambit Bal; actor Shabana Azmi and film commentator Khalid Mohammad; corporate leaders Uday Kotak, Cyrus Guzdar and Vithal Kamat; lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani and senior journalists N Jagannathan, Bittu Saighal, Vinod Sharma and Paranjoy Guha Thakurta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured