Press Club invites entries for National Media awar
Mumbai: The Mumbai Press Club has invited entries for the coveted "National Press Club Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2013".
In the third year now, the Journalism Awards have been instituted to promote best practices among journalists and encourage good quality writing, fair play and high ethical standards, says a release here.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in Mumbai in the month of May 2013.
Entries in the form of published articles, stories and photographs are invited from Journalists in the categories of Sports, Crime, Politics, Business, Entertainment & Media Health & Environment, Science & Innovation, Television Story of The Year, The Big Picture (Photograph of the year).
The Winners and runners up in each category will be awarded cash prize of Rs 75,000 and Rs 25,000 respectively, a trophy and a citation.
Each applicant will be allowed a maximum of 3 entries across all categories. Entries will need to be authenticated (supported/recommended) by Editors/Media Heads of respective media platforms. Entries not in English will be accepted if accompanied by an English translation.
Winning journalists will be provided travel and accommodation for the Awards Ceremony by The Press Club.
A distinguished panel of judges in each category, appointed by The Press Club will decide the winners.
The Press Club has also instituted a "Lifetime Achievement Award", selected by a special jury from amongst a shortlist drawn up by the Managing Committee of the Club.
Entries must be mailed latest by April 14 at manager@pressclubmumbai.Com. Photo/Video entries need to also be on DVD format. Those entering their published articles would need to send in hard copies.
All entries need to be accompanied by a small introduction about the journalist, along with their photographs and postal address.
Entries sent via post should have "Journalism Awards" mentioned in bold and addressed to: The Manager, The Press Club Mumbai, Glass House, Azad Maidan, Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai - 400001.
Last year witnessed an overwhelming response with 600 entries from all parts of the country. Winning journalists were honoured at a glittering ceremony at the National Sports Club of India (NSCI) here on May 2, 2012, at the hands of Union Minister Kapil Sibal as well as by senior journalists and corporate leaders.
The eminent juries that decided on the awards last year included cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar, and sports writers Ayaz Memon and Sambit Bal; actor Shabana Azmi and film commentator Khalid Mohammad; corporate leaders Uday Kotak, Cyrus Guzdar and Vithal Kamat; lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani and senior journalists N Jagannathan, Bittu Saighal, Vinod Sharma and Paranjoy Guha Thakurta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters