`Pressure on Sachin to score 100 in his last Test after Onion has reached milestone before him`
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: BJP leader Kirti Azad took a dig at the Congress-led UPA government on Tuesday, saying that now there was pressure on batting legend Sachin Tendulkar to score a century after the price of onions had almost touched Rs. 100.
The Member of Parliament from Darbhanga, Bihar tweeted today – "Pressure on Sachin to score a hundred in his last appearance, after Pounds, Tomatoes, and now Onions having reached the milestone before him."
Sachin is due to retire from Tests after playing his last match in Mumbai against the West Indies in November.
In Delhi the onions were being sold at Rs 90 per kg. In other parts of the country it was reportedly being sold at around Rs 80 per kg. The prices are said to have been more than doubled in the past four months.
Meanwhile, the Centre is mulling to import onion in order to stabilise prices. Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma said that the government would import if there was a proposal to do so and if there was a requirement, as per reports in a news agency. He also blamed the holders for the escalation in prices.
However, at the same time the Union Minister reassured everyone that there was enough stock of onion in the country and hoped that prices would go down by the end of year when fresh domestic products would arrive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report