`Preventing spillover of Taliban ideology challenge for India`
Jammu: Asserting that the nation faces threat
in the eventuality of US troops` withdrawal from Afghanistan,
a senior Army official has said India`s "immense" challenge
lies in preventing the "spillover" of Taliban ideology and the
resultant violence, especially in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Our challenge lies in preventing the spillover of Taliban
ideology and the resultant violence into our country,
especially in J&K. The challenge is immense, but not
insurmountable," General Officer Commanding, 16 Corps, Lt Gen
A S Nandal said at a seminar at Jammu University here.
"By employing skillful diplomacy and other means available
to state we can overcome this challenge," he said.
There is an increasing realisation amongst the world
community today that dealing with terrorism is an extremely
complex process and there are no quick fix solutions, Nandal
The official said India`s strategic vision for Afghanistan
is based on belief that economic and human resource
development is the best way to deal with "myopic ideologies
which are trying to push mankind back to medieval times".
"It is heartening to see that most countries in the world,
including a bulk of our neighbours, today agree with our
vision and policies," he said.
The two-day seminar on `Afghanistan Dynamics: Impact on
Regional and Strategic Environment` was jointly conducted by
the Department of Strategic and Regional Studies, University
of Jammu and White Knight Corps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH