Preventive action needed to avert terror attack: Home Secy
Mumbai: Emphasising the need for a
preventive action to avert terror attacks, Union Home
Secretary, G K Pillai, on Thursday said that more resources should
be deployed for the purpose.
"Out of the three actions--prevention, response and
relief--the preventive action assumes greatest significance in
averting terror attacks," Pillai said at a conference at the
Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower here.
The hotel, incidentally, was ravaged by terrorists
The conference was organised by apex industry body,
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), to pay homage to those
who lost their lives during the ghastly terror attacks last
Pillai said that information received from different
agencies is reviewed daily by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Ministry has set up National Intelligence Grid which will
be operational soon," he said, adding "intelligence is the key
to ensure sound security systems."
The Home Secretary said there was a need to have
standard operating procedures for police forces across all
states in the country.
He also emphasised the importance of having police
reforms that is one of the key recommendations of a CII report
on internal security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding