Preventive action needed to avert terror attack: Home Secy
Mumbai: Emphasising the need for a
preventive action to avert terror attacks, Union Home
Secretary, G K Pillai, on Thursday said that more resources should
be deployed for the purpose.
"Out of the three actions--prevention, response and
relief--the preventive action assumes greatest significance in
averting terror attacks," Pillai said at a conference at the
Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower here.
The hotel, incidentally, was ravaged by terrorists
The conference was organised by apex industry body,
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), to pay homage to those
who lost their lives during the ghastly terror attacks last
Pillai said that information received from different
agencies is reviewed daily by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Ministry has set up National Intelligence Grid which will
be operational soon," he said, adding "intelligence is the key
to ensure sound security systems."
The Home Secretary said there was a need to have
standard operating procedures for police forces across all
states in the country.
He also emphasised the importance of having police
reforms that is one of the key recommendations of a CII report
on internal security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH