Preventive action needed to avert terror attack: Home Secy
Mumbai: Emphasising the need for a
preventive action to avert terror attacks, Union Home
Secretary, G K Pillai, on Thursday said that more resources should
be deployed for the purpose.
"Out of the three actions--prevention, response and
relief--the preventive action assumes greatest significance in
averting terror attacks," Pillai said at a conference at the
Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower here.
The hotel, incidentally, was ravaged by terrorists
The conference was organised by apex industry body,
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), to pay homage to those
who lost their lives during the ghastly terror attacks last
Pillai said that information received from different
agencies is reviewed daily by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Ministry has set up National Intelligence Grid which will
be operational soon," he said, adding "intelligence is the key
to ensure sound security systems."
The Home Secretary said there was a need to have
standard operating procedures for police forces across all
states in the country.
He also emphasised the importance of having police
reforms that is one of the key recommendations of a CII report
on internal security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video