Prez elated at son`s maiden Parliament speech
Shanti Niketan: It was a proud moment for President Pranab Mukherjee as a father when he watched his son make his maiden speech in Parliament on the Companies Bill.
The smile on his face was visible as his son Abhijit Mukherjee finished his speech in Lok Sabha which passed the Companies Bill, 2011 yesterday. "Well spoken. Forcefully put his point of view," the President was quoted by sources as saying in Bangla.
The President, who is here on a two-day visit, watched the entire proceedings of the House when Abhijit, who was working as General Manager in SAIL before being elected as MP from Jangipur seat, sought clarification on the definition of `net profit` along with formula for calculating for purpose of CSR.
The Lok Sabha approved the much-awaited amendments to the Companies Bill, 2011, making it mandatory for profit-making companies to spend on activities related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price