Prez meets children selected for National Bravery-2012
New Delhi: Prez Pranab Mukherjee met children who won the National Bravery Awards-2012, at Rashtrapati Bhavan here on Tuesday.
Mukherjee interacted with the brave children and their parents, and praised them for their acts of valour.
Twenty-two children have been awarded the National Bravery Awards this year, including one child posthumously. The awardees receive a medal, certificate, cash prize and also the opportunity of participating in the Republic Day Parade.
Of the twenty-two gallant children who have been selected for the awards four are girls.
These awards were initiated in 1957 by Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW). The awardees will be granted financial assistance until they complete their school education under a sponsorship programme of the Council.
The Government of India has reserved some seats for the awardee children in medical and engineering colleges and polytechnics.
The Awardees are invited to Delhi where the Prime Minister presents the awards on the eve of Republic Day. The children then take part in the Republic Day Parade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read