Prez offers `dua` at mosque
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee offered `dua` (prayers) at a mosque inside President`s Estate on the occassion of `Khatam Shareef` -- which marks completion of recitation of holy Quran.
Mukherjee visited the President`s Estate Masjid to participate in the `Dua` (prayers) on the occasion of `Khatam Shareef` on July 20, a press release issued today by Rashtrapati bhavan said.
`Khatam Shareef` marks the day of completion of the recitation of the holy Quran.
"The President joined others who attended the `dua` and prayed for good health and prosperity for all," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested