Prez offers `dua` at mosque
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee offered `dua` (prayers) at a mosque inside President`s Estate on the occassion of `Khatam Shareef` -- which marks completion of recitation of holy Quran.
Mukherjee visited the President`s Estate Masjid to participate in the `Dua` (prayers) on the occasion of `Khatam Shareef` on July 20, a press release issued today by Rashtrapati bhavan said.
`Khatam Shareef` marks the day of completion of the recitation of the holy Quran.
"The President joined others who attended the `dua` and prayed for good health and prosperity for all," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman