Prez offers `dua` at mosque
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee offered `dua` (prayers) at a mosque inside President`s Estate on the occassion of `Khatam Shareef` -- which marks completion of recitation of holy Quran.
Mukherjee visited the President`s Estate Masjid to participate in the `Dua` (prayers) on the occasion of `Khatam Shareef` on July 20, a press release issued today by Rashtrapati bhavan said.
`Khatam Shareef` marks the day of completion of the recitation of the holy Quran.
"The President joined others who attended the `dua` and prayed for good health and prosperity for all," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured