Prez, PM greet people on Dussehra, Eid-ul-Zuha
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi Tuesday greeted people on the occasion of Dussehra and Eid-ul-Zuha.
In his message, the President said that he has great pleasure in extending warm greetings and good wishes to the countrymen on the joyous occasion of Dussehra.
"This auspicious season is a time when the people of India re-enact our great epic - Ramayana - and celebrate the triumph of truth and righteousness over evil forces.
"May this festival stimulate in all of us the determination to emulate the righteousness of the Maryada Purush, the loyalty of his brothers Bharath and Lakshmana, the virtues of Sita and the valour as well as humility of Hanuman," Mukherjee said.
Greeting the nation on the auspicious occasion of Vijaya Dashami, the Prime Minister said Vijaya Dashami celebrations are an inspiration for us to follow the path of righteousness.
"It is celebrated all over the country in various forms to commemorate the victories of Lord Ram and Goddess Durga signifying the triumph of good over evil. May this Durga Puja and Dussehra bring peace, happiness and prosperity to all," the Prime Minister added.
In her greetings on the occasion of Dusshera and Eid-ul-Zuha, Gandhi said, "these are important festivals that reflect the pluralistic culture of our society".
Vice President Hamid Ansari said the celebration of Dussehra reinforces the eternal message of triumph of good over evil and unites the people in a spirit of brotherhood and amity. Ansari said that he conveys his wishes for peace, progress and prosperity for all the citizens.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar also greeted the countrymen on the occasion of Dussehra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened