Prez, PM greet people on Dussehra, Eid-ul-Zuha
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi Tuesday greeted people on the occasion of Dussehra and Eid-ul-Zuha.
In his message, the President said that he has great pleasure in extending warm greetings and good wishes to the countrymen on the joyous occasion of Dussehra.
"This auspicious season is a time when the people of India re-enact our great epic - Ramayana - and celebrate the triumph of truth and righteousness over evil forces.
"May this festival stimulate in all of us the determination to emulate the righteousness of the Maryada Purush, the loyalty of his brothers Bharath and Lakshmana, the virtues of Sita and the valour as well as humility of Hanuman," Mukherjee said.
Greeting the nation on the auspicious occasion of Vijaya Dashami, the Prime Minister said Vijaya Dashami celebrations are an inspiration for us to follow the path of righteousness.
"It is celebrated all over the country in various forms to commemorate the victories of Lord Ram and Goddess Durga signifying the triumph of good over evil. May this Durga Puja and Dussehra bring peace, happiness and prosperity to all," the Prime Minister added.
In her greetings on the occasion of Dusshera and Eid-ul-Zuha, Gandhi said, "these are important festivals that reflect the pluralistic culture of our society".
Vice President Hamid Ansari said the celebration of Dussehra reinforces the eternal message of triumph of good over evil and unites the people in a spirit of brotherhood and amity. Ansari said that he conveys his wishes for peace, progress and prosperity for all the citizens.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar also greeted the countrymen on the occasion of Dussehra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says