Prez, PM, PC use air route to reach Delhi police function
New Delhi: In the first such instance in the
At Home function of Delhi Police, four top government
functionaries, including the President and the Prime Minister,
today chose the aerial route to reach the venue within the
President Pratibha Patil, Vice President Hamid Ansari,
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram
reached in north Delhi`s Kingsway Camp this afternoon on
separate choppers to avoid inconvenience to public.
"It is for the first time that the guests came in
choppers for the At Home. This gesture was to avoid
inconvenience to public," a senior police official said.
The helicopters landed at the sports ground of the Police
Lines and the guests were taken to parade ground for the
President Pratibha Patil congratulated the police for its
best efforts in keeping the city secure.
Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, Delhi ministers, MPs, MLAs, serving and retired
police officers attended the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH