Prez poll: TMC divided over Kalam?
New Delhi: Fissures in Trinamool Congress emerged on Monday over supporting former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and opposing Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for Presidency, reports say.
There are strong reservations within a section of Trinamool over opposing Mukherjee’s candidature, reports suggest adding that the voices could choose to hide behind the cloak of the secret ballot.
Trinamool supremo Mamata Banerjee, who first floated Kalam’s name for Presidency, has maintained that her party remains firm on backing Kalam.
Banerjee will issue whip asking her party MPs to vote for Kalam, reports say.
Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee has convened a meeting of Party MPs on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi