Prez poll: TMC divided over Kalam?
New Delhi: Fissures in Trinamool Congress emerged on Monday over supporting former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and opposing Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for Presidency, reports say.
There are strong reservations within a section of Trinamool over opposing Mukherjee’s candidature, reports suggest adding that the voices could choose to hide behind the cloak of the secret ballot.
Trinamool supremo Mamata Banerjee, who first floated Kalam’s name for Presidency, has maintained that her party remains firm on backing Kalam.
Banerjee will issue whip asking her party MPs to vote for Kalam, reports say.
Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee has convened a meeting of Party MPs on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar