Prez poll: TMC divided over Kalam?
New Delhi: Fissures in Trinamool Congress emerged on Monday over supporting former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and opposing Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for Presidency, reports say.
There are strong reservations within a section of Trinamool over opposing Mukherjee’s candidature, reports suggest adding that the voices could choose to hide behind the cloak of the secret ballot.
Trinamool supremo Mamata Banerjee, who first floated Kalam’s name for Presidency, has maintained that her party remains firm on backing Kalam.
Banerjee will issue whip asking her party MPs to vote for Kalam, reports say.
Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee has convened a meeting of Party MPs on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach