Prez poll: TMC divided over Kalam?
New Delhi: Fissures in Trinamool Congress emerged on Monday over supporting former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and opposing Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for Presidency, reports say.
There are strong reservations within a section of Trinamool over opposing Mukherjee’s candidature, reports suggest adding that the voices could choose to hide behind the cloak of the secret ballot.
Trinamool supremo Mamata Banerjee, who first floated Kalam’s name for Presidency, has maintained that her party remains firm on backing Kalam.
Banerjee will issue whip asking her party MPs to vote for Kalam, reports say.
Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee has convened a meeting of Party MPs on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees