Prez polls: JVM to support Pranab Mukherjee
Dumka (Jharkhand): Former Jharkhand chief minister and Lok Sabha member Babulal Marandi today said his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) will back UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
"After A P J Abdul Kalam opted out of the race, Pranab Mukherjee has become the fittest candidate for the constitutional post. So, we will vote for him," Marandi told reporters here.
On former Lok Sabha Speaker and NCP leader P A Sangma?s candidature, Marandi said, "Even his own party is not supporting him."
The JVM has two members in the Lok Sabha, the other is Ajay Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security