Prez polls: NDA consulting regional parties
Madurai: The National Democratic Alliance is now in the process of consulting regional parties to choose a presidential candidate who will be accepted by all, BJP National Secretary P Muralidher Rao said on Wednesday.
"There are limitations. BJP cannot have a say on its own.We have to consult partners and regional parties.Now that process is going on.We will try to evolve a common candidate.A common platform is being evolved..." he told reporters here.
He said they were committed to choosing a candidate who had genuine interest in the nation and probity in public life and who can fight against corruption.
Asked if he could not name that common candidate,he said "by naming the candidate in advance you will be killing the chance of that candidate from becoming a President."
Asked about talk in BJP circles about former President APJ Abdul Kalam`s candidature for presidentship, he said "So far BJP has not come out with any name."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’