Prez polls: NDA consulting regional parties
Madurai: The National Democratic Alliance is now in the process of consulting regional parties to choose a presidential candidate who will be accepted by all, BJP National Secretary P Muralidher Rao said on Wednesday.
"There are limitations. BJP cannot have a say on its own.We have to consult partners and regional parties.Now that process is going on.We will try to evolve a common candidate.A common platform is being evolved..." he told reporters here.
He said they were committed to choosing a candidate who had genuine interest in the nation and probity in public life and who can fight against corruption.
Asked if he could not name that common candidate,he said "by naming the candidate in advance you will be killing the chance of that candidate from becoming a President."
Asked about talk in BJP circles about former President APJ Abdul Kalam`s candidature for presidentship, he said "So far BJP has not come out with any name."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites