Prez polls: NDA consulting regional parties
Madurai: The National Democratic Alliance is now in the process of consulting regional parties to choose a presidential candidate who will be accepted by all, BJP National Secretary P Muralidher Rao said on Wednesday.
"There are limitations. BJP cannot have a say on its own.We have to consult partners and regional parties.Now that process is going on.We will try to evolve a common candidate.A common platform is being evolved..." he told reporters here.
He said they were committed to choosing a candidate who had genuine interest in the nation and probity in public life and who can fight against corruption.
Asked if he could not name that common candidate,he said "by naming the candidate in advance you will be killing the chance of that candidate from becoming a President."
Asked about talk in BJP circles about former President APJ Abdul Kalam`s candidature for presidentship, he said "So far BJP has not come out with any name."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living