Prez should ask PM to hold early LS polls: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Citing the sharp rise in prices of essential commodities and depreciation of rupee as failures of UPA government, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Tuesday urged the President to ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to hold early Lok Sabha elections.
"The Prime Minister has lost interest in building India and is enjoying the status of nominal PM and hence is mostly abroad to negotiate agreements of little consequence with foreign countries...I demand that the President call the PM immediately on his return from abroad and persuade him to hold early Lok Sabha elections," he said in a statement.
Early elections, he said, would help the country avoid any further erosion in the economic situation.
Swamy alleged that the rise in the price of onion and other essential commodities is a result of "mischievous, anti-national and corrupt short-selling activities in commodities and currency".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama