Prez should ask PM to hold early LS polls: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Citing the sharp rise in prices of essential commodities and depreciation of rupee as failures of UPA government, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Tuesday urged the President to ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to hold early Lok Sabha elections.
"The Prime Minister has lost interest in building India and is enjoying the status of nominal PM and hence is mostly abroad to negotiate agreements of little consequence with foreign countries...I demand that the President call the PM immediately on his return from abroad and persuade him to hold early Lok Sabha elections," he said in a statement.
Early elections, he said, would help the country avoid any further erosion in the economic situation.
Swamy alleged that the rise in the price of onion and other essential commodities is a result of "mischievous, anti-national and corrupt short-selling activities in commodities and currency".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?