Prez stresses on formal training of teachers
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday emphasised on training of teachers and timely updating their teaching pedagogy.
Talking to a group of specially-abled children, Mukherjee said a formal training was essential for parents of such children to sensitise them on providing best possible support to their wards.
“It is important for teachers to receive training and constantly update their methods.
"The training of parents and care givers is always critical as they can supplement or destroy the good work done by the professionals. A formal training is invaluable in sensitizing them on how they may give the best possible support to the special children," the President said.
A group of 40 children of `Tamana special school` here, led by its Principal Shayama Chona, met Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
"You are very special children of courage and determination. The training that you receive(at Tamana school) will help you in overcoming impediments to develop your aptitude. It will make you skilled in various ways and, above all, it will help you to become self-reliant.
"Once you have this independence, no force on earth can stop you or will ever be able to take away from you your abilities
Mukherjee also recalled the inauguration of Autism Centre in 2003 by his predecessor President Abdul Kalam and expressed happiness that it has "since grown in strength with many state-of-the-art facilities".
He praised carefully-planned curriculum for different age groups and for children from less privileged sections of society.
"I would always emphasise that along with teaching, emphasis should be laid on research and collaboration between institutions so that there is a regular cross fertilisation of ideas and upgradation of knowledge and skills," the President added.
The children performed dances for the President and spent an hour exploring the Mughal Gardens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem